Happy New Year!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Today dawned bright and early with a lovely headache. Which steadily got worse. Happy New Year to me.

The holidays have been full of visiting and family. Much of that family has been plagued by a nasty hang-on sort of cold and/or a mysterious flu-like affliction. With so much obligatory visiting (nothing like spending a week together vacationing to give the germs a chance to spread around) and a couple of cuddly, climbing babies, it's no wonder people were always at varying stages of incubation.

I think I made it through the holidays mostly illness free by sheer force of will. Either that or the universe knew not to tempt my wrath by messing with my schedule. These last two days have been the only 'do nothing' days I've had since the beginning of December. Noone has to go anywhere, do anything, the kids have do-it-yourself food options and lots of stuff to do and Mr. A has more new video games and gadgets than he has time for. If that's not a perfect set up for a Mom to take some sick time, I don't know what is!

So with much thanks to a short-yet-violent migraine or a 12-hour virus, I count myself included in the group of extended family who experienced every sort of state of being over the holiday. I'm just very thankful that I didn't have to be miserable at a family dinner or while laying poolside in the hot sun.

Tomorrow we return to regularly scheduled programming. I begin thinking of school work, groceries and meal plans. I look forward to catching up with friends who were also busy with extended family over the holidays. Perhaps it's the sheer amount of social media sending me messages, but I am feeling the motivation to go through closets and cupboards to reorganize and purge.

I hope your New Year's Day was more noteworthy and celebratory.

~Mrs. A.

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes January 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM  

Sounds like the December we had with passing around colds. We were all very much drained of energy by New Year's Eve. My husband returned to work today after taking a week off and said the same people are still coughing.

I hope you are feeling better! May 2012 bring better health to us all!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Rudee January 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM  

Oh, my dear, I know the feeling. After nearly 3 weeks, I'm finally beginning to shake my bug. I think it's the antibiotic that's finally helping me.

Have a great and healthy New Year!



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP