January Blues

Thursday, January 26, 2012


What is it about January that makes me hibernate?

Things seem to be going along nicely and then it seems the bottom drops out. Perhaps it's the Christmas wave of must-dos that come crashing to a halt. Perhaps I get people'd out and just need to be on my own. The most discouraging thing, though, is not all the negative, picky, self-depreciating, depressing things I end up dwelling on, it's the looming February Blahs that are right around the corner.

Right then. So instead of complaining and detailing for all the interweb my gripes and moans, I will tell you what I've been thankful for lately. Because making a list is a good idea. Lists make it more official.
  • Coffee. Kona beans. Good winter warm up with milk and sugar. Better with the addition of a little Irish Cream in the evening.
  • Weekly Menus. So nice to know what we're eating because I've spent the better part of Sunday afternoon tackling this much hated task. Hopefully I'll get better at it.
  • A Generous Husband. He's also pretty patient and tolerant with me. Which is not how everyone else would describe him...so we'll call me grateful² on this point.
  • Low Maintenance Friends. Who don't have an agenda. And who say what they mean.
  • My Kids. Who I like having around. Even if they don't believe me when I tell them. And who spend a good deal of the time frustrated with me because it seems I don't let them do anything or go anywhere lately.
  • Canadian History Classes. Which will make me put on make-up and a nice shirt and go out of the house to see other people tomorrow.
On to coffee #4,

♥Mrs. A.

2 comments:

Rudee January 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM  

Oh, I know how you feel. I'm certain if the clouds would just go away, I'd feel better. I'd settle for a big snowstorm right now instead of the cold wintry rain.

Blah is the right word.

jugglingpaynes January 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM  

I always start thinking about what I want to plant in my garden this time of year. Think of flowers and home-grown food helps a lot. By February we can usually start some seeds, so that helps too. :o)

Every time I see the words "say what they mean," my head goes straight to Alice in Wonderland...
`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on. `I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know.'

Peace and Laughter!



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP