Sunday, August 24, 2014
I was trying to sleep in. Although, that's hard with dogs. But sometimes I can trick them into thinking there's still half an hour before they have to get up and go outside. I was hoping this morning might have been one of those mornings.
Friday, August 22, 2014
One more sleep and my Girl will be home! She's having a great time. She reports the food is good, a massage therapist is helping to manage the hurting muscles, she's not sick of the people and she didn't get caught being out after lights out Tuesday night...unlike a few others who are enjoying a 9pm lights out for the remainder of the week.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- I so appreciated the comment the other day in regards to stepping back from my local homeschooling efforts. It's nice to know there's others who know how I feel.
- Somehow I fell into the role of dealing with the garbage and recycling at our new house. This means a dump run this morning.
- The Girl Child is alive in Outlook, Sask. She was told to maybe focus a little more on the camp experience and a little less on keeping her friends informed by text messages and it seems my punishment is no update phone call. I did learn that there was a walk to the convenience store during which The Girl saw a buck on someone's lawn. She must be on the edge of very big nature out there.
- Yesterday was a dentist trip that normally is an hour's drive there and an hour back - it took twice as long as usual due to construction on the roads.
- Due to the construction, shopping time was eaten up and all I had time to do was to dash into the mall and - after placating The Boy Child with a booster juice smoothie - run into Lush to buy a tiny pot of shower gel. I'm looking forward to trying it. It smells like citrus and FRESH!!
- Today is a local trip to the optometrist for The Boy. Since he won't wear his glasses, he's going to ask about contacts.
- In an effort to break the monotony of the recent Byte Size Blogs, I am blogging not by app, but through the browser. This means bullets and maybe even a pic.
- Except just then I pushed the little picture icon and crashed my browser, so a picture will be a little more involved than I thought. You might just have to appreciate the bullets. Which are more populous than I had initially intended.
- In the end I had to revert to the Blogger App. You can't imagine the back and forth it's taken to get this wee post published. Fun times.
- ♥Mrs. A
Monday, August 18, 2014
Way back in December, we began planning an adventure for The Girl Child.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
It's been a wee bit dismal here this week.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Monday, August 11, 2014
Goodness, it's been two weeks since I checked in! I would have bet money that it had been only a week.
Once the flower is done, a small pod of seeds hangs there. When you touch it, it explodes. It's alarming if you're not expecting it. The pod bursts so fast you can't even see it. The seeds spray all over, many feet away. I like cupping my hand around the seed pod and collecting the seeds. The pod becomes this little curly bit of nothing and you're left with a few black seeds. I am playing Mother Nature a bit by spreading the seeds to an area where they will hopefully grow up next season. Jewel Weed does not like to be transplanted and does not have a very robust root, so it's best left where it grows.