I've Fallen...

Monday, November 26, 2012

I've fallen in the virtual yarn shop and I may have dropped my credit card. But I must say, it was a great way to start Christmas shopping.

At least, it was great after I had a glass of water and my heart rate returned to normal. It seems I need practice shopping with the masses, virtual or not.

While I was recovering, Mr.A did his own damage shopping for The Boy Child's Christmas gifts at Amazon and the juggling shop.

The Girl Child is proving to be somewhat more difficult to shop for. Having a part time job and a healthy fashion-conscious enthusiasm, she has developed a Christmas liswot hat reads like an airport bookstore fantasy novel.

I'm looking forward to finishing the bulk of our shopping this week. We're having a very streamlined holiday this year which goes right along with my positive, confident approach to the holiday.

We've all decided to have very few gifts under the tree in order to enjoy a family gift this year. We'll be setting up a family membership at a local gym instead.

Ordering much of our shopping online, Christmas or otherwise, means more fun for me. Instead of shipping packages to our door, I have many of them shipped to a receiver in the States, 20 minutes from home. I cross the border, enjoy an afternoon Stateside, and return home with my treasures.

Now, hopefully we've shopped carefully enough that there is only one pick-up trip required. Goodness knows I can't afford to fall down and drop my credit card too many more times this season...

Mrs. A

4 comments:

moominmamma November 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM  

What virtual yarn shop? My local yarn shop closed, and it's now more than 4 hours to the nearest one. I'm starving! I haven't yet found a Canadian on-line shop with the selection I crave and a decent website for their inventory. Would love any recommendations!

Rudee November 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

Falling into a virtual yarn shop isn't all that bad. I can think of worse places to drop my credit card!

I like your idea of a family gift with small ones to enhance the gym membership. It's a brilliant idea that will reap huge rewards.

Mrs. A November 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM  

Miranda! I, too, am on the hunt for an on-line yarn store in Canada. I thought perhaps I was being too particular about about wanting a broad selection and being able to easily navigate a website. This week I shopped at Knitpicks.com, but I very rarely do, which is why it was such a big deal for me.

moominmamma November 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

Thanks. I guess Knitpicks it is!



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP