Sweet Poppy It Happened Again!!

Friday, June 20, 2014

You may remember in my last post, I ran out of yarn for my wee purple summer socks. My own fault. It was an experiment. 


However...


Here is my Sweet Poppy baby jacket. You might be able to just make out the string going from arm to arm across the middle of the piece. That's the yarn I have left over. 6 inches to finish about 10 rounds on each little sleeve. 

This time, I'm not impressed. I got gauge and I had enough yarn according to the pattern. Pattern called for 200 yards. Skein said there were 214. Isn't a pattern supposed to test these things out and round up??

My option is to rip out the hem, rip out the edging, the take back the left and right sides, making the flare smaller and the jacket shorter, replace the edging, replace the hem and curse it until the cows come home. 

My other option is to call the yarn store in the village to the north and see if she's got some Malabrigo Rios in the colourway required. I suppose I could also check and see if she also has some purple to finish my socks...

I don't suppose my mom is going to hop on a jet back to New Orleans to get more yarn. That seems silly, even for yarn. However, I should consult her since I am knitting it for her to give as a gift at a baby shower. 

Said baby shower is this weekend. It's a fancy one. Catered, there will probably be hats involved and hosted by the Mother-To-Be's mom and sister at a serious golf club. Mother-To-Be is married to my brother and we're all excited. But we're going to be short one knitted baby jacket unless the stars align and I pull an all-nighter. 

I'm feeling some pressure to represent the Father-To-Be properly, so much so that I've crossed over to the 'other side' and scheduled myself a pedicure. Not that there's anything wrong with pedicures, I'm sure. I don't know, I've never had one. The spa is just not my style. I have a very generous gift certificate that I've been hanging on to since Christmas, so I figured this was as good a time as any to use it up. So nails and toes will be pretty for the weekend. Or at least improved. 


I thought I should include a 'before'...artfully posed so as to cover the unsightly mosquito bites. I wonder if Mr. A will notice?

In other news, The Girl rocked her science exam. 93%, giving her an overall mark of 95% in the course. Well done, Girl, since in this case, we're doing it for the numbers. Her registration at the virtual school for high school credit courses has been accepted and processed. I feel that we're one step closer to having life organized. 

In proper grown-up fashion, Mr. A and I went out and bought some insurance:


Apparently, this generator will run many electrical things in my house, most importantly, the sump pump and the fan that blows the heat around. Having experienced the Ice Storm of 1998 and quite a few blackouts (summer) and power outages (winter) since, a generator is becoming a fixture in many homes here in SE Ontario. 

Just one coffee this morning as I must primp and coif and moisturizer in preparation to be clipped and filed and polished. Wish me luck and patience while I pay strangers to invade my personal space. 

Mrs. A. 

0 comments:



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP