Perhaps I Am Mistaken...

Saturday, March 15, 2014

My title earlier this week, 'As Spring Approaches...' might have been a little wrong. Or, if I had really meant it in an eye-rolling, facetious way, maybe I'm spot on.


Just after clearing all Thursday's snow, we were given a small glimmer of hope. The snow became wet and driveways and roofs were clear and wet and everything was dripping and running with meltwater. 

And now this. 

And this, too. 

I'm sure this is all my fault. I decided to move house in 3 weeks less a day. I decided to reshingle a roof and open a pool before the end of April. So of course, it becomes an issue of Be Careful What You Wish For. Or maybe If You Want To Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans is better suited here. 

There is hope, though. There always is. Friends announced their intention of getting their sugaring operations set up this weekend. That can only mean that the sap will start running shortly. And soon after that comes mud! I mean Spring!

Or, it could just start to snow harder, too. 

 

Mrs. A.

0 comments:



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP