A Few Words About Spring.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

This was going to be a lovely end-of-March post about how spring is finally here. 


Pretend this is a picture of springishness:


I was going to tell you how some of the birds had returned. Of course the geese have been flying over; we're very close to a feeding area on the migration route. There's been a few robins, a chickadee, some little thing with a long, tiny beak, a pair of cardinals and the doves. 

Pretend this is a picture of the lovely pair of doves that has been hanging about the yard:


I was excited the other day to see buds swelling on our Silver Maple in the front yard. It's not something I normally check for, but a friend had mentioned it a week or so ago and I thought to check for buds because surely, buds meant that we're not trapped in some science fiction thriller where the people just benignly go on with life while the planet hurtles further and further from the sun.

Pretend this is a picture of the buds I found the other day:


I heard from my friend who makes maple syrup. He spent the day in the bush yesterday collecting and boiling 480 gallons of sap. That's a muddy, wet job. 

Pretend this is a picture of the muddy yard:


And there you have my report on spring. 

I just thought of a very rude phrase for Mother Nature which I will keep to myself. 

Mrs. A.

1 comments:

jugglingpaynes April 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM  

Wishful thinking, my friend. I believe you meant "end-of-March" not April. ;o)

Be strong! Spring is on the way!



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP